05 October 2017

Been so wrapped up with the recent mass killing in Lost Wages (that is Las Vegas to most of you good readers. Yep, more word play by me. Hey, it's what I do, take or not, your choice. No, not meant to sound nasty, just stating a fact.) that I forgot to mention another loss.
One of my music heroes died this week. Yes, Yom Petty has left this life. Sad, the man and his band, "The Heartbreakers" were great. How can one not like his song "I won't back down"? In particular the line; "You can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down". Yes! Don't quit, when you are right, do not back down. 
Of course another of their songs I really enjoy overtime I listen to it; "Runnin' down a dream".   
"Yeah runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Working' on a mystery, going' wherever it leads
Runnin' down a dream........"

Oh, and another shout out to another dead musician I like very much, the late George Harrison. Yes, the former Beatle. I really like his song "Any Road"
"If you don't know where you're gong. Any road can take you there." Great video of the one on You Tube. George is in the back seat of a Rolls and Jackie Stewart is the driver. Yeah, THAT Jackie Stewart, the 2nd best ever Scotts Formula One drivers champion. Who is the number one Scotts Formula One racer ever? Easy to answer, Jim Clark. Even Jackie said nobody was even close to Clark. 
My heroes are dead now. Dad, died November 1980, the Saturday after "saint" Ronnie became our acting POTUS. Jim Clark, back in April 1968. No wonder I enlisted in the Marines that month, just kidding. I think I am.......maybe not......
George Harrison, Tom Petty. So many others. My grandparents of course. Well, no matter, even though these folks are now gone from this life, they remain heroes to me. Hey, I have my memories, and as I have posted on this and other blogs I have had, memories are like starlight, they go on forever.

Be good to each other people. We CAN make this world a much better place if we try. Yes, it will take tons of hard work and time, lots of time, but if we TRY, really try, we CAN do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time