20 October 2017

Just a few photos of the two draw bridges in the area where I live. 
First up is the railroad bridge, raised to allow a tug boat and barge to head South on the Red River.


Now the same railroad bridge with a train passing over it. Oh, yeah, the bridge is in the lowered position. I know you good readers knew that, but I'm old and I tend to forget things. Yes, even important things. 

Here are a few shots of the other draw bridge we have across the Red River. This is commonly called the Jackson Street bridge. I apologize for not knowing the official name of this bridge. I know I have a photo, someplace on this old iMac of the plaque with its official name on it. Most likely it has the name of one of those Long guys. Well, Huey was THE governor of Louisiana and so was brother Earl.  The bridge is raised as a tugboat and barge proceed up the Red.



Happy Friday to all of you.
Until next time, please try to treat all those you come in contact with the way you want to be treated. 

Hey, today is Friday. That means tomorrow is Caturday!!!

Yes, if you hang around this blog long enough, you WILL learn LOL speak.  ðŸ˜¸

I found the photo of the plaque for the Jackson Street bridge. It is below this. 
 So, by my own reckoning, it is OK to call the bridge the Jackson Street bridge. It was dedicated to the memory of Gillis W. Long. All I know about him is what you see on the plaque. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time