09 October 2017

I probably should explain why I post a good bit from various songs I like. Well, I enjoy music, most types of music, yes, even some rap. I don't care for the so-called "gangsta rap" nor do I listen to "hip-hop", but to each his/her own. 
OK, ok, I may be turning into my Dad. Oh hell, I AM becoming Dad. Just don't have any children among the living. Yeah, I don't much care for the stuff the kids today call music.

I prefer what is now called classic rock. I also still like the old Big Band music. I was raised on that music. Dad had a good many old 78 rpm records that he'd play after work or on weekends. 
I also like Dixieland Jazz, even classical music, yes, symphonies. Old Ludwig Beethoven can't be beat. His 5th is rousing, but I prefer his 9th. They played his 9th symphony when the Berlin wall came down, just changed the wording a bit. They changed it to where they chorus sang Freedom. Don't ask me what it originally said. I'm not that smart and too lazy to look it up.
Back in my younger days I played trumpet in school bands until near the end of 8th grade. I realized one day late in that school year that while I was an OK horn player, there was no way I'd be the next Louie Armstrong, AL Hirt, Miles Davis, or even Herb Alpert. Nope, no money in being a professional horn player in 1962. So, I went for math, science and shop classes. 
Still, I had and have a nearly life long love of music. That is why I quote song lyrics often. To me, song writers and even singers, not every singer writes the lyrics, are among my heroes. They are poets to me. I have read some poetry and even own a couple books of poems. No, not just silly poems, some serious poems. I still want to read more, particularly those written by WW1 survivors.

I'll keep using songs or song lyrics in my posts until I'm gone. Hey, this is my blog and I'll post what I want to...<smirk>.  You do need to read the very first post at this blog folks. Seriously, I will probably gore your favorite ox one day. You can argue with me any time. If I post something that pisses you off, just leave a comment. Yes, I do moderate all comments. Why? Well, because I can. Also, Bill, one of the master story tellers of our day has always done so.
If you follow the link I have to Bill the Butcher, you'll see he does and he tells readers he can delete garbage faster than anybody can post it. Well, he says it differently, but I got his intent correct.
I won't accept personal attacks. You do NOT want to start a flame war with an old former Marine combat vet. I can cuss up a Cat5 hurricane if need be. 
I can promise that if I do piss you off, it is NOT personal and if you tell me why I did so, I'll not  only reply to you, I'll even post your comment here for all to see.  However if all your comment is "you suck", it gets deleted. Not that I'm thin skinned, I just don't have the time to reply to crap.  Disagree with me if you want, I can take that. I know I've said I'm not the brightest bulb on the old xmas tree.
I make mistakes, heck, I posted about my linking mistakes recently. I'm human, humans make mistakes, big deal, I'll apologize and move on. Dad used to tell me it was OK to make a mistake, just do not make the same one over and over. Once, OK, twice, nope, not going to allow that. 

I need to add one more thing to my comments from a previous post about what I will delete. Any comments that demean another commenter will be deleted and the person who does that ay not have his/her comments approved for a very long time. Be nice to each other. Pick a fight with me, I can take it, plus I'm the only one who can post to this blog. I never had guest posters and don't have the first clue how to do that, nor do I want to even try to learn. It is too easy to get a blog yourself. Want a place to rant? Get a blog. Hey, this one is free. Word Press has free ones as well. No doubt other blog hosting sites have free blogs also. Yell at me all you want. Cuss at me, no big deal, but realize, I will cuss back. Just do not call other folks who comment here stupid or anything nasty. That could result in getting future comments from you banned.
My place, my rules. Back when I smoked cigarettes, I never smoked nor asked for an ash tray in a house where the folks who lived there didn't smoke. I'd go outside, even in a winter snow storm, actually did that in Pontiac, Michigan two days straight. Long story.  When a non-smoker came to my home, I didn't stop my habit and would have show said person the door had he/she asked me to not smoke in my own home. Now, I have made exceptions. I knew three different folks who had serious breathing troubles and I never smoked in my own home when they visited. I'd just go out the back door once an hour or so for my fix. Hope this clarifies things.

Please try and treat all you come in contact with every day the way you want to be treated. Hey; Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have. With thanks to Margaret Mead.


p.s. I may post the occasional LOL cat photo from my collection at charlies corner cats. Oh, FYI, I did not do the captions for the ones I have posted nor the ones I may post in the future. I have made some captions at LOL cat, but I didn't save them to my corner cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time