08 October 2017

I almost forgot another good one.
Yes, it is from the Onion, my top satire/spoof news site.
The title is "National Trust for Historic Preservation Raises Millions to Demolish Trump's Boyhood Home".
 Now I know you'd like a link to this short story. Well, old me is still fighting with blogger and myself with adding links so trust me it is/was at the Onion. 

I have the story saved on my old iMac in the reading list, but beats me how I can link it here.

Basically, the story goes like this. They raised more than $8 million in just three days to demolish the boyhood home of the orange haired rodent. The house is located in Queens, New York.
The story continues; "Thanks to the generosity of the American people, we are well on our way to bulldozing the president's first home as part of our mission to uphold America's cultural heritage and values".
The story also adds that many companies added matching donations to those of their employees and even children contributed their allowance monies to the cause. 
OK, yes, it IS a spoof story, but I bet it made you smile, just a tiny smile perhaps, but admit it......you DID smile when you read the title.  
Oh for pit sakes! Come ON people, you DID so smile.

Until next time, please try and treat everybody you come in contact with the way you want to be treated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time