08 March 2018

Really mixed bag today.

Today I have a very mixed bag of goodies for you readers. Some satire and some hard news. Oh and a song also. 
Where to start? Well, I'll go slow and easy, so satire first, then we'll get to the nasty stuff and end with a good song.

First up is from the Babylonbee.com. Yeah, OK it is sort of about that awards show the other day that I never watch. Yes, I mean the "Oscars". NO, this has no bearing on a cat named Oscar who went missing, but did come home a bit worse for wear, but is alive and being cared for by his kind, loving humans again.

Here is the link to the host of the awards show and, yeah, this asshat clown IS a hypocrite. 

man-got-famous-showing-scantily-clad-women-bouncing-trampolines-lectures-nation-sexual-propriety/

If you think I'm being harsh on this asshat, well, take your complaints to somebody who may actually give a shit. By the way, I do recall catching a few minutes of his old "Man Show" years back while flipping through the TV channels late one night when I couldn't sleep. I found it to be stupid. Actually, I thought it was so dumb that you could hear the host and his audience pronounce the "b" at the end of the word dumb.  And the great 'Merikkka public is supposed to take lectures on morality from this little unfunny turd? Jesus H. fucking Christ on a goddamn crutch! Give me a break. OK, Trump IS our current POTUS, but that does NOT mean we all have to roll in the gutter.  Oh, and YES goddamn it all I am NOT having a good day today and am extra sarcastic and feeling more nasty than normal. I've said this before and may do so again later on, nobody forces you to stop by here nor to read what I post. Look at the line under the photo at the very top of this blog. This is a space on the interwebs where I can say anything I feel like saying. I get nasty when I am in pain and today is one of those days. Don't like it, stop reading now and go to some other web site/blog. 

This next is also from the Babylonbee.com. Yeah, the Onion seems to be a bit slow today. Well, it is probably me and my shit mood, but ah well, here is the other satire link.
True patriots

Sure sounds like something Faux Noise would really do. Yeah, I know, I AM a sarcastic/cynical old broken down SOB. Just remember, I have legal documentation that proves I AM an SOB.

Now we get into hard news. This was written by Ray McGovern. Yes, he was a US Army/CIA intelligence analyst for over 30 years. He is a founding member of VIPS. VIPS is the abbreviation/acronym for Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity. He and his fellow VIPS posters are well worth your time to read. Ray was arrested for standing and turning his back to a certain politician a few years ago. he did this in a public place that was pretty much packed. 
Any who, yes, it is about what is now called "Russia-gate". Holy shit, can't we ever let this 10 mile long train of fresh cow pies just ride off into the sunset where it belongs? The way this damn fool bullshit story just keeps drawing out of its grave, I wouldn't bet against your grandkids talking about this bullshit crap as they collect what little Social Security they may be able to get in their old age. This "story" is like the undead, yeah, Russia-gate IS a damn zombie.
Well, Ray gives his take on the newest asshats to jump on this broken down band wagon. 

Progressive journalists jump the shark

I had not know much about Ms. Mayer until this article by Mr. McGovern, but I had seen Mr. Uygur before. I'd seen his show on some TV channel a few years back. I seem to recall he even had a time slot at MSNBC for a time. I never quite trusted him though. I think being skeptical is a good thing in 'Merikkka now days. With news media, when a person gets a national forum, they usually have sold out to the powers that be. Oh, they may start out with good intentions. They want to be truth tellers and do real investigative work, but to get the big bucks, well, they need to sell out and become asshats like Brian Williams. yep, a bloody damn liar. Hey, that means they could drop being any sort of journalist and just go into politics! How can you tell if a politician mislaying? heir lips are moving! 

OK, now a song. This is another oldie, but even though it also dates from the Vietnam war era, I think it applies equally today. It is by the Association. Give it a listen, then replay it again and really listen to the lyrics and think about what is being said in this song.

Requiem for the Masses

OK, as always, please TRY and treat all others you come in contact with each day that way you want to be treated. Yes, even this old, broken down, sarcastic/cynical/heathen/atheist actually does think that if we all TRY to do this every day we can make this world a much nicer place for us all. Just give it a try folks. You have nothing to lose by trying and you may gain so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time