04 March 2018

An old Vietnam era song that still applies today.

I know, two posts in one day. Well, I was listening to my MP3 player and this song came up. I knew I had to share it with you readers of this blog. The song is by Steppenwolf and it is titled "Monster". The lyrics are on the You Tube video site, but they are below the main view area. Just click the spot that says show more and the entire set of lyrics are there for you to read.

Monster

Yes, it IS a long song, over 9 minutes, but listen, really listen, or at least read the lyrics. It is worth the time in my view.
I have always liked the ending portion of the song; "America, where are you now? Don't you care about your sons and daughters? Don't you know we need you now? We can't fight alone against the monster."
Yes, it was written during the damn fool Vietnam war, but in my opinion, it applies as much today as it did then. Maybe even more so now days. 

OK, until next time, PLEASE just try to treat all others the way you want to be treated. We can make this world a much nicer place for all if we all just try this one simple thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time