30 October 2018

Words matter

OK, more of me ranting today. The most recent mass shooting in 'Merikkka has much to do with the current POTUS. Yes folks, the orange haired rodent does share some responsibility for this.
Some may ask, how so? Well, he keeps talking on and on, and on......nearly every time he says anything, he seems to bring up the "illegals who come to our country to kill, rape, rob, etc." and that sort of talk gets the loons who live in 'Merikkka all riled up.  This latest shooter was one such nut ball. His supposed online posts to social media show that to be the case. No, Trump didn't tell this moron to go shoot people, he didn't tell him anything like that. No directly, but in a small way he IS responsible. See, the reason the shooter picked this particular Synagogue, which was NOT the one closest to his home was the fact that the one he did his shooting supported HIAS. HIAS is the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society. They started out helping Jews escape Eastern Europe way back in 1881. They recently started to support immigrants of any religion or ethnicity. So, by the reasoning(??) that made this particular place of worship his target. He had to drive about 13 miles to get to it. There were Synagogues closer to his home. One is 4 miles away and another is only 7 miles. He passed them up as they apparently are not members or supporters of HIAS.
Trump keeps up telling the country, the whole planet actually, how those nasty illegals are only here to continue being nasty criminals. Well, this country IS a nation of immigrants. Yes, even the Native Americans, from Alaska to  Tierra del Fuego came across the land bridge from Asia way, way back thousands of years ago. 
Once Columbus, who never saw the US nor the South American mainlands, discovered this part of the world, the Europeans have been flooding into it to rob, rape, steal, etc.. Hey, they sound a lot like the immigrants Trump keeps ranting about! Well, as my dear old grandmothers used to say; "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".  I could have just as easily said; turn about if fair play. Yes, every nation should be able to control the number of immigrants they allow to stay permanently, but demonizing them all is wrong. I worked with many over the years and even had more than a few who enlisted in the Marines during my enlistment to fats track their citizenship. For the most part they were OK people, no better nor worse than many people I knew and worked with who had roots in 'Merikkka for more than 2 or 3 generations. 
When you make generalizations about any group of people, you will most likely be proven wrong 99 times out of 100. 
Words matter. Words matter because that is how we humans communicate. Tarring others with the same nasty brush can come back to bite you on your ass, and it can bite damn hard at times.
Now, do you finally see in part, why I keep asking you all to at least TRY to treat everybody you come in contact with each day the way you want to be treated? Man, I sure hope you see it. If not, well, then I'll just say that I'm damn happy that my life has little time left to run. I won't be missed and I don't give a flying fuck about that. I did my best to be nice to all I meet every day. I never asked any of you readers to do anything I couldn't do myself.  
Until next time, think about maybe, just maybe trying to be nice to each other. Keep falling for the bullshit coming from Trump and our other politicians and you will have more shootings and deaths. Glad I won't be around to see that shit.

4 comments:

  1. It's the same with the bomber. Trump keeps his rhetoric up about the media and the Democrats. I knew something was bound to happen. He instigates hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! The way our current POTUS keeps ranting about the media, I will not be surprised if some moron starts shooting at reporters soon.
    This is partly why I keep asking the readers of this insignificant blog to treat everybody they come in contact everyday the same way they want to be treated. This mass shooting here in our own country has to stop sooner the better.
    Yeah, you bet, I'd like to get the entire planet doing this. We'd all be safer then.We can disagree, argue and debate, but stop shooting each other if they don't buy your brand of whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spot on, all the way. If we sent all the'immigrants' home, wherever that might be, most of the people in the country would disappear. Whenever i start getting those "racial purity" (but unspoken) comments from people, my tendency is to ask them what country their ancestors came from...

    cricket, cricket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mittens,
    Thank you for your comment. I know without any doubt I'd have to leave this country. My maternal grandpa sailed into Boston harbor as a teenager. My three other grandparents were either born in Germany and came to the US as young children or were among the first of their immigrant German families to be born in the US.
    "Racial purity"?? In my view there is only one race of humans, the human race. Yes, some have darker tans than I ever had or will have, but all the people I ever met or worked with/for were humans.

    Yes, those crickets…..good point.

    ReplyDelete

Well, it sure has been a long time