11 February 2018

Just a short post for your Sunday.

This is going to be a short post. I have had this since about 1960. I bought it at a place called Knotts Berry Farm in southern California. When I saw it I knew I had to buy it. I think it may have cost me all of one whole dollar back then. I may be wrong on the cost, but hey, this IS 2018 and 1960 was 58 years ago, so if my memory of the price is off some, well, hell, I am 70 years old now. Give me a break. Or not, your choice.

The title is Why Worry? I just feel like sharing it with you all who stop by here.

Why Worry?
There are only two things to worry about- either you are well or you are sick. If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you are sick, there are two things to worry about. Either you will get well or you will die. If you get well there is nothing to worry about. If you die there are only two things to worry about - either you will go to Heaven or Hell. If you go to Heaven there is nothing to worry about. But if you go to hell, you'll be so damn busy shaking hands with friends you won't have time to worry!
The spelling and punctuation above are exactly as they are on the plaque I bought way back then. So, don't cry to me about improper punctuation/spellings. Myself, I'd never use a capital "C" for either heaven or hell. But of course I am that sort of sarcastic SOB.

Now, this last one is courtesy of Atheist Jack. The link to his Tumblr site is on my list of links on the right hand side of this page. I visit his site every day to see what new goodies he has posted. Yes, I asked his permission to use some of his items and he replied it was A-OK by him. I said I'd give him credit when I did, so there you have it, credit to Atheist Jack for the following. 


I think the first one of these fits me quite well. Hey, I have been told by so many during my 70 years in this life that I should go to hell, I figure I ought to check it out. IF it exists that is. No doubt, if it does exist, I will be with many of my real friends and not have time to worry.
The second or last if you prefer is a very good lesson for all humans. As an old pagan/heathen/atheist, when I try and do some good for another living creature, human or other, I don't do it to earn "brownie points" with some doG, nor do I not do something with the fear of said doG punishing me at some future time. Imagine there is no god. I can. by the way, the song "Imagine" by John Lennon is one of the absolute best songs ever. Just my own opinion, yours may vary and that is just fine by me. I am not telling you how to live your life, just offering suggestions and/or alternatives to consider. Your life, your choices. Just do TRY and treat others the way you want to be treated. It just could make this world a much nicer place for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time