15 February 2018

I take a short vacation and the same old shit happens…….again

Well shit, I get away from the interwebs for a few days and when I get home and go online what do I see? Another mass killing, this time at a school in Florida. Here is a link on this latest. Yeah, it IS from the spoof news site the Onion and it IS a repeat of the headline they have used many time before. Well, I still think that satire can have more truth to it than the entire US of A MSM combined.

No way to prevent this

I wish I was smart enough to have a solution to this. No, it is NOT a 2nd Amendment thing. The Second Amendment, read it, calls for the ownership of guns to "provide for a well regulated militia". What is a well regulated militia, you ask? Well, the National Guard woks for me. No, I am not against private gun ownership. As long as it is responsible ownership. I was trained in the use of various weapons as a US Marine. Yes, it is true that some of the people who engaged in mass killings in this country were former military people. The Texas college/university shootings many years back was done by a former Marine. Again, I wish I had an answer to how to stop these mass killings. I know it will take more than one very smart person to come up with a decent answer on how to stop this without making personal gun ownership against the law.

Actually, I honestly do think I have a good idea how to start to end this. Yeah, here he goes again with the same old stuff. You bet! TRY, just bloody damn TRY to treat ALL the people you come in contact with every day the way you want to be treated. Until we all just try, we have no idea how much better we CAN make this country and even the entire world for all of us. Come on people, it isn't that hard to do. Give it an honest try. You just might like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, it sure has been a long time