11 February 2018

Just a heads up.

Just wanted to let any regular readers (are there any such?) know that it may be later in the coming week before there is another post here. The boss (aka; my wife) decided we need to take a small vacation. We will be going South, towards the Gulf for a few days. Probably return either later Wednesday or some time Thursday, in case anybody wanted to know.
She feels like we need to get out and about and her health has improved much so there will be a few days with no new posts.
This won't bother many people, after all, I went over one full month with no postings here. 

I want to share one small item with you before we go off for our mini vacation. This is a quote from a lady; Florence Rae "Flo" Kennedy. She was born on 11 February 1916. She died in 2000. This is from the web site ffrf.org/news/day/#flo-kennedy. 
The quote they have from her on the web site follows; "It's interesting to speculate how it developed in two of the most anti-feminist institutions, the church and the law court, the men are wearing the dresses."
I have added a link to Freethought of the Day on the list of links, in case anybody wants to check it out.

Just something for you to think about. It got me to thinking, or rethinking any way. I cannot stop from laughing when I see the high Roman Catholic church when the celebrate high mass, the priests, bishops, cardinals, and even the pope in their dresses and even with lots and lots of fine lace trimmings. And these guys are supposed to be celibate? Oh, and you are supposed to get marriage counseling from these unmarried men who wear dresses? Give me a fucking break!

OK, until next time, please just TRY to be nice to each other. We only have this one rather small planet to occupy for now, so we'd best try to get along better than we have in our past.
Enjoy your week. We'll do our best to enjoy our mini vacation.

2 comments:

  1. You've given me several belly laughs.
    Have a wonderful time and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy,
    Thank you for this. We got back about three hours ago. Had a really good vacation. I think she needed it more than I did, but it was a good thing for both of us.
    Not to worry, as long as I can get to this old iMac and punch a few keys, I'll keep blogging. I had no access to the web since early Monday so I had to check the LOL cats since Monday first off. Hey, that site is my home page. Some good captions, some, well, I'll be nice and just say they were sort of ok but I didn't save those.
    News will be the worst to try and get caught up with. Probably won't try too hard to even do that.
    If I make you laugh, super. I'd be happy just to give one person a smile now and then. Oh, if I make anybody stop and think…….well, that probably won't happen, but oh boy, if it ever does……all bets will be off.

    ReplyDelete

Well, it sure has been a long time